Thursday, August 04, 2005

Back to work

Well, it's August, so I'm officially back at work. Compared to the last 3 weeks (officially on holiday), I come in to the office just as much (maybe a bit more), only I'm now supposed to, whereas last week I did it of my own free will. As for workloads - since finishing work on a big article for one of my colleagues here at the IIR, I now have no pressing work, leaving me free to largely ignore the work I should do now I have the opportunity. Instead, I've been reading irrelevant literature (The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy), as well as keeping an eye on international news.

As for everything else, the combination of hashing (Sunday - nothing illegal!), 5-a-side footie (Monday), tango (Tuesdays, non-hash Sundays and alternative Fridays), and aikido (Thursdays and remaining Fridays) keeps my levels of energy down to an acceptable level.

Will, my incompetant flatmate, has less than a month to write his MA dissertation, which was originally due in for September 2003. He's now at the irrelevant reading/arse-scratching stage. Hahahahahaha.

Family Report
Penny (step-sister) is still vomiting for England, apparently. This is all husband Howard's fault, and will probably continue for a few weeks, after which I'll wish her Mazel Tov. I'm gonna be a step-uncle!

Emma (real sister, though you'd never know it from seeing her) is in Italy, working hard before her return for a final year's slog at Oxford. Just hope she doen't pull a Will on us.

Dan (real and only brother) is getting ready to visit me in Prague for a few days from August 10th, which gives me enough time to get some impressive-looking work done.

On that note - I'm off to read something on the CFSP.

No comments: